Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 40 (So I've Been Thinking)

I'm at Day 40 here, which is kind of a milestone, so I've been thinking.

With six days left to go until Easter, I thought I'd be pretty much through all the food rules on the blog at this point. Turns out, I'm not even halfway through.

These 40 days have also been an exercise in back-tracking, amending, and re-evaluating; it's been a constant stream inside my head of After thinking about it, I really shouldn't be doing this and, you know, maybe I should start doing that. In hindsight it's unsurprising, but it has nonetheless changed the rhythm and intention. Instead of being six intense weeks of full-stop dietary changes, it's gathered steam slowly. So many things - like joining a CSA and trying my hand at homemade condiments - I feel like I just began. It certainly doesn't feel like I've been doing this for a month and a half - not for real anyway.

So I've got to keep going. I think I'll keep plugging away until I get a chance to write about all 83 Food Rules - or until it really, really feels like I'm doing this for real, no cheating or forgetting or taking shortcuts. Whichever comes last.

...

Now that I've said it, I'm a little overwhelmed. If I'm going to be honest with myself, I'm a little terrified of this project stretching out in front of me with no forseeable end to it. But I've started it, and ending it next week would feel to much like giving up now. I've got to see it through.

(Oh Lord, what have I done?)

No comments:

Post a Comment